Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Goanna v2 Base almost ready!

As some of you may know, I have been working on a new Firebowl base (Feuerschale Sockel)
This one is for those that want to BBQ.

The Yabbi base was designed for decorative fires. Its low profile design is perfect for sitting around with friends on cool evenings. I wanted it to be at the right height from the ground so you can tuck your feet under the bowl and keep your toes warm as well. For this it works well.
The downside is that the Yabbi Base is too low to cook comfortably.
Those of you who are using the Yabbi / Feuerschale / Barramundi BBQ combination will find that there is a lot of bending over while cooking. Not ideal.

I had developed the Goanna base some time ago addressing this issue and produced 6 units in total. These have all been sold to customers
Goanna v1 Sockel mit M Feuerschale und M Barramundi BBQ

The reason I discontinued this base is because its production was more complicated than I would have liked. Additionally I had not considered properly the shipping logistics behind this product and it became quite expensive to send to customers all over Switzerland.

On the Yagoona open day on 11.6.2011 where the last 2 Goanna v1 Sockels were sold, I was inundated with interest in this base. I vowed to myself to redouble my efforts to create a the successor to the Goanna Base (v2) just as soon as the dust following the open day settles.

Well the first prototype product unit is being laser cut as I write this post.
Tomorrow I will be collecting and testing it.

Stand by for the next post where the first glimps of the Goanna v2 will be shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment