Saturday, August 13, 2011

Apart from working on the development of the new Goanna V2 Firebowl base, I also found some time to create a new design that has no base at all.
I wanted to create a firebowl that was a low profile as possible, so I simply took a standard firebowl and cut a large circle in it and reversed the pieces and welded them back together.
This simple modification (simple but somewhat time consuming) created a very elegant and modern form for a Firebowl.
The intention is that this firebowl is used straight on the ground or a pebbled area as shown in this pic.

At the moment I only have one and seems that a friend has already pegged it as his own. This one is only 80cm in diameter, but I think the next one will be a 100cm.
That will make a much more dramatic effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment