Friday, October 26, 2012

Back to finish the job

Well I'm back from a badly needed 3 weeks vacation of sun and beach in Australia.
I had almost forgotten what the Gardenqub was!....  well not really, but you all probably know the feeling when you have had a good vacation.

Thought Id share a pick from this vacation with you here...



Me and my son in Byron bay outside a hippy music shop. Do I look happy?

back to business now...

Its time to do the last lap of work to get this project finished. The final pices of metal that were not in stock before had arrived at my friends workshop and 2 days ago got the holes drilled.
So today I went and constructed the roof frame element ready for installation.

Here is the roof elbow (virtually the same as the lower frame elbows) ready to connect to the roof elements.

An elbow bolted together. I have not tightened the bolts to give me a little play room during final installation.

A close up of the square pipe elements connected to the elbow. Note the 5 mm gap in which the vertical element will go.

The back side of the elbow. This will be hidden by the vertical element.

The entire roof part of the Gardenqub. It is up side down here in the carpark and will wait till next week when we can install it with a small crane.

No comments:

Post a Comment